Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is Vietnam Visa On Arrival?
- What Is Vietnam Visa Approval Letter?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Approval Letter?
- Are There Any Exceptions With Visa On Arrival?
- Can I Enter Vietnam Earlier Than The Granted Date In My Approval Letter?
- Can I Enter Vietnam Later Than The Granted Date In My Approval Letter?
- What If My Passport Has Expired?
- What If My Arrival Airport Changes?
- How Long In Advance Should I Apply For A Visa?
- Which Documents Have I Show To Get Vietnam Visa Stamp At The Airport?
- Can I Travel Without The Letter And Get The Visa When I Arrive?
- How Many Types Of Vietnam Visa On Arrival Are There?
- What Is Different Between Single Entry And Multiple Entries Visa?
This is an alternative way to get your visa for Vietnam. You just need to fill in our Online Application Form, pay the service fee, get your “Visa approval letter” within 2 working days and pick up your visa at your destination airport (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport and Da Nang Airport).
After we obtain the approval letter for you, we will forward you a copy by email. Copies of the same document will be forwarded on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration checkpoints at International Airports only. When you arrive in Viet Nam, the Immigration officers will have those documents ready and will be able to issue your entry visa quickly.
The “Visa Approval Letter” is a document (approved by the Immigration Office) that allows you to enter and exit Vietnam for a given time period. With the approval letter, you can pick up your visa upon arrival at one of the three international airports in Vietnam (Hanoi airport, Ho Chi Minh city airport and Da Nang Airport).
Note: Normally, visa approval letter is usually issued in group and therefore, you may find your name and other information in the same letter as other people. if you want a private letter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org The process of getting a private letter of approval may take 4-5 working days.
Normaly the time to take it is and email to you within 2 working days (Excluding Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday). In Urgent case please see time bellow:
- Same Day Processing (Working day): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 18:00 PM on the same working day.
- Next Day Processing (Working day): If you submit your application and pay the fee before 12.00 PM Vietnam time on a Working day (Monday-Friday), we will send you the letter of approval by 18:00 PM on the following (next) working day.
Note: The above processing time does not apply for Friday afternoon (after 12.00 PM) + Saturday and Sunday. Please consider the time difference between Vietnam and your country. For current Vietnam time, please click here.
Yes, visa on arrival is NOT VALID for OVERLAND ENTRY. The three international airports in Vietnam that you can receive your visa stamp with this approval letter are: Noi Bai International Airport , Da Nang International Airport and Tan Son Nhat International Airport .
Sorry, It is impossible to enter Vietnam earlier than the date in letter.
Note: The approval letter can not be amended once it is issued, so in case you wish to arrive earlier than the date stated on the approval letter. You are required to apply for a new letter of approval to update the date of arrival.
Yes, Of course. The arrival date you provide can be earliest date you plan to arrive and you can arrive after that date. However, please note that you must exit the country before the expiry date stated on the approval letter.
For example: If you apply for a 1-month visa and submit your arrival date as Jan 1, 2016, the visa letter will be valid from Jan 1, 2016 – Feb 1, 2016. You can arrive anytime between Jan 1 – Feb 1 but must leave the country by Feb 1, 2016″
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, your passport must have at least 6 month’s validity. Therefore, if your passport is about to expire, please get a new one before applying for your visa in order to avoid unwanted problems at the airport.
Be kindly informed that there will be no problem if you change your arrival airport. Since the visa approval letter works at three International Airports of Vietnam:
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi City
- Danang Airport in Danang City
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
Normally, The time to make Vietnam Visa Approval Letter is 2 Working days. There is no time frame required to apply for a visa in advance.
When having this approval letter, you need to print it out for boarding airplane. The police officer in the airport in your country will check it and allow you to board the plane. (Those who do not have the visa approval letter will be not allowed for boarding).
Besides this approval letter, each of you needs to prepare these things for your application to get your visa stamped at the airport:
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months on arrival)
- 02 passport-sized photos (size 4×6 cm)
- Stamping fee (recommend use USD)
No, you cannot. In order to board the plane, you must show the approval letter to the airlines. This letter is also compulsory in order for you to get the visa at the Vietnam airport.
Vietnam visa on arrival types are granted according to the length of staying, number of entries and visiting purpose. According to length of staying and number of entries, we are ready to process following visa on arrival types:
Please consider our advice below to decide single or multiple entries visa:
- Single entry visa allows you enter/exit Vietnam 1 time or it is also called visa with single use. Once your single entry visa used, you can not enter again Vietnam with this used visa. You must apply for the new one if you want to come back Vietnam again. For example, with 1 month single entry visa, you can enter Vietnam and stay there for less than 30 days. You can not re-enter Vietnam if you exit Vietnam after 10 days staying, even your visa valid for 30 days.
- Multiple entries visa allows you enter/exit Vietnam unlimited times as long as your visa still valid. Your multiple entries visa must be picked at the airport when you arrive. After getting your multiple entries visa at the airport, you can exit and re-enter Vietnam at any port s you want. Once you want to come back Vietnam but your visa is expired, you also need to apply for a new visa.
In conclusion, your visa must be picked up upon arrival at the airport of Vietnam, but you can exit Vietnam at any ports you want after you get your Vietnam visa stamped on your passport at the airport. We recommend you apply for multiple entries visa if you intend to enter/exit Vietnam many times for a period.